So What's This Blog All About And Who Is This "Carla" Person?

Today I realized that I have been focusing so enthusiastically on putting this blog together that I have failed to get a little bit more personal with my blog friends.  I'd like to take a moment today to explain where it is that I'm coming from, who I am, what my vision is for this blog and what will be coming up. 

First of all, let me just say that I consider every single reader of this blog a personal friend of mine.  I do not care whether there are 100 readers or 10,000 readers sometime in the future, I consider each one of you a personal friend of mine and I vow to do my very best to provide a reputable tool that you can use to find legitimate work from home opportunities or even to build your own business from home.  This blog will be one of 100% integrity and I guarantee that.  Scams or opportunities that I feel are not 100% on the "up and up" have no place on this blog.  It is my mission to provide quality information and to provide help to those moms who are out there wanting to find a way to make money from home.

On that note, let me tell you a little bit about myself and how this blog came to be.   I'm thirty-nine, a mother of 3 boys, ages 10, 6 and 16 months.  My oldest son has special needs and I adopted him as a single mom before I married my husband.  Before I became a mom, I had a career working for hotels like Embassy Suites, Radisson, and Holiday Inn.  It was my goal to one day become a general manager of a large hotel.  I was well on my way when suddenly everything changed.  I thought I would be a working mom, as my mom had been.  I was very focused on my career but my son required quite a bit of time and needed physical, occupational and speech therapies.  I decided that my job had to be helping my son and suddenly my career no longer fit into the equation.  I still needed to bring in money but had absolutely no idea about what to do or how to do it.  Like many of you, I searched and searched only to be disheartened by all of the scams.  It became very difficult to distinguish legitimate opportunities from all of the scams.  I began to think that working from home was just going to be impossible.

I decided to take a chance and go it alone.  I began by selling personalized stepping stools and banks on the internet.  I sold the products on eBay and on a Yahoo storefront.  I was surprised at how well I did and was encouraged to keep moving forward.  The money I brought in was enough so that I could cut my work hours back to part time and I could be at home to help my son more and more.

Over the years, I created my own work from home opportunities, getting paid to do market research, buying and reselling items on the internet, writing articles for webmasters, and eventually I taught myself how to build websites and built about 100 websites.  I placed various affiliate ads on the websites and ended up making around $42,000/year just from those websites.  The exciting part was that after my initial learning curve (which was very steep) on building the websites, it only took me about three weeks to build the sites.  I built five websites a day for three weeks straight.  The websites made money on their own whether I worked on them or not 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  It didn't matter whether or not my kids were sick or I had mad laundry to do, I was making money even while I slept.

I still dabble in website creation and in blog writing.  I have slowed down quite a bit for the moment and am focusing on my youngest son.  I knew that this would be a great opportunity to create a blog to help other women find a way to earn money from home.  Whether they want that to be their sole income or if they need to earn extra income to compliment whatever they are earning in their job.  I know that right now there are a lot of people unemployed and there are a lot of people who fear what may be coming in the future.  That's why I'm here.

As you may have already noticed, I am providing tips for women who are looking for work from home opportunities and I'm providing reviews of various work from home opportunities with the essential information that you might need to decide whether or not that opportunity is right for you.  I receive absolutely no monetary compensation of any kind from any of the businesses that I review.  It is highly important to me that my reviews are 100% impartial, honest reviews.  I am so passionate about this blog and in helping other women who are in the place that I was in almost ten years ago.  As the saying goes, I've been there and done that and now I'm here to help you.

One of the ways that I want to help my friends is to invite you to email me.  If there is a topic that you'd like to have covered in the blog or a question that you have, I'd like to hear from you.  I will try to help answer your questions as best that I can and if I find that I am not able to, I will try to find the answer for you or locate someone who can help.  Feel free to email me at any time at MomsHaveDreamsToo@yahoo.com

I'm planning to continue working on work from home opportunity reviews as well as more tips for becoming a stay at home mompreneur.  I'll also be covering more of my experiences in making money and how you can do it too.  We'll have some guest blog posts that I'm sure you'll find extremely helpful and I'd love to get some interviews on here from other women who are successful work from home mompreneurs.

Thanks so much for following and/or reading this blog.  If you like what you read, please grab the html code for my button on the right hand side of this blog and post it on your MySpace, Facebook, blog, or website.
I look forward to hearing from you!